Thursday, February 21, 2013

Leonid Afremov

Leonid Afremov is a Russian impressionist artist who paints with palette knife and oil on canvas to create these stunning colour and light masterpieces! He uses a bright and beautiful signature colour palette and magically represents rainy Parisian nights, flowing dancers and streetlights among other subjects. I love the his style! And would love to see one on my wall! Here are a few of my absolute favourites. I love the night street scenes, umbrellas and rain and abstract dancers showing movement and just his colour choice!!
An artist I would be willing to pay money to buy his artwork! Check out his extensive work on his DeviantArt page!

I would love either of these in my house!

Rainy Encounter
Melody of the Night
Stroll In The Fog
Rain of Fire
Balloon Show

Sailing with the sun
Midnight Blues

2 comments: