Monday, August 20, 2012

Em's Bowling Ball Garden Lady Bug

I saw these lady bugs made from bowling balls on Pinterest and thought they were really cute. So ever since I have had my eye out for a bowling ball. I saw one at the tip at one stage but didn't get it and regretted it. Then picked one up at the op shop for $7!! So I finally made it! I love it and think it turned out awesomely!! 
I used Fresh Home Ideas tutorial and painted the bowling ball with house paint I had lying around masking areas to create the spots etc with tape/contact. I then used black silicone caulking to fill the finger holes and set wire from a coat-hanger for the antenna in it. Finally I used the silicone to glue on black beads to the end of the antenna. He now sits half hidden in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment